Philanthropy Australia’s mission is to represent, grow and inspire an effective and robust philanthropic sector for the community. They are the national peak body for philanthropy and is a not-for-profit membership organisation.
PA are a growing movement of people and organisations who believe in the importance of giving and are proud to leverage their wealth and influence to create social change.
a more giving Australia.
To champion, enable and support an innovative, growing, influential and high performing philanthropic sector in Australia.
The planned and structured giving of time, information, goods and services, voice and influence, as well as money, to improve the wellbeing of humanity and the community.
- Represents the philanthropic sector.
- Promotes the contribution of philanthropy by growing the understanding of the community, business and government.
- Inspires and supports new philanthropists.
- Supports and services Members and Associates.
- Increases the effectiveness of philanthropy through the provision of information, resources and networking opportunities.
- Promotes strong and transparent governance standards in the philanthropic sector.
- Provides information to those seeking to understand, access or partner with the philanthropic sector.
The philanthropic sector offers excellent opportunities to partner and collaborate. As the peak body for the sector, PA connect those who are looking to advance the cause of philanthropy with each other, and also connect with them ourselves.
PA have formed many great relationships and continue to look for new opportunities to advance philanthropy in Australia. PA have a number of current initiatives that we’d like to tell you about: