Last Updated April 2016
1. What personal information does Co Ventures collect?
The personal information we collect usually includes personal information about:
- Registered users of our website;
- Individuals subscribed to our mailing lists; and
- Our business contacts (eg. the contact person of our supplier, or in a government agency or company with which we deal);
2. How does Co Ventures collect and hold personal information?
We may collect personal information from you:
- When you become a registered user on our website or subscribe to one of our mailing lists;
- When you attend an Co Ventures event, when you have business dealings with us or through cookies on our website; or
- From third parties in some instances, for example, where you are an employee of one of our members or where a third party has nominated you to attend one of our events.
Co Ventures takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information. For example:
- Our IT systems are password protected and use anti-virus software;
- There is restricted access to our physical premises;
- Our personnel are required to treat personal information confidentially as a condition of employment; and
- We take reasonable steps to ensure external service providers to whom we provide personal information comply with the Australian Privacy Principles and only use personal information for the limited purpose for which it is disclosed.
3. Why does Co Ventures collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
In general, Co Ventures collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information to:
- Provide its services;
- Make publicly available details of its event delegate lists via email or event app;
- Make them available to anyone whom you authorise us to disclose your personal information;
- Notify you of industry news and events, unless you opt out of receiving these communications;
- Comply with its legal obligations; and
- Manage and enhance its services.
4. How can you access or correct your personal information?
You have the right to seek access to, or correction of your personal information held by Co Ventures. Please contact our Privacy Officer (details below). Our members and registered users can update their personal information via our website.
5. How can you make a privacy related complaint?
If you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or how Co Ventures have handled your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer (details below).
Any complaint will be investigated by our Privacy Officer and we will usually notify you of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as practicable after it has been made, usually within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
6. Does Co Ventures disclose your personal information overseas?
Co Ventures may disclose your personal information to:
- Local and international associates and or sponsors of Co Ventures;
- External service providers who help Co Ventures operate its business or conduct surveys on Co Ventures’ behalf. These providers may be located overseas including the United States of America; or
- Third parties, as required or permitted by law; and
- Anyone to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal information.
7. Contact our Privacy Officer
You can contact our Privacy Officer at:
Email: Privacy Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Post: Co Ventures – Privacy Officer
GPO Box 1852, Melbourne VIC 3001 Australia
8. Updates to this Policy